How to cut pineapple
Pineapple is a fruit grown mainly in the Tropics, its yellow, very compact, and sugary pulp makes it one of the most loved fruits in the world, suitable for both sweet and savory recipes or as an ingredient in some salads or cocktails.
How to clean pineapple
Cleaning pineapple might seem like a complex and tedious operation, but it’s actually very simple. By following a few tips you will be able to clean the fruit without damaging it or, even worse, hurting yourself.
To clean the pineapple you will need a knife, a cutting board, and a peeler.
Step 1. Place the pineapple on the cutting board and, with the knife, begin to remove the tuft of leaves and its opposite side.
Phase 2. Position the fruit vertically and, sliding the knife between the pulp and the peel, remove the latter on all sides.To learn more about the functioning of the service, I leave you to my guide on lyricsdigest.com
Phase 3. With the peeler remove the brown flakes that have remained attached to the pulp.
How to cut pineapple
After having carefully cleaned the pineapple, it can be cut.
– Always keep the fruit lying on the cutting board, and divide it in half by its length. Cut again in two, and lengthwise, the large slices just obtained.
– With the knife remove the core (the central part).
– At this point, make triangular wedges from the slices by cutting them to a thickness of about 2 cm.
Serve your pineapple slices on a serving dish.
You can get round slices of pineapple like this:
– After peeling the pineapple, use the hollow core to remove the central part of the fruit.
– Spread the pineapple on the cutting board and cut it into slices with the knife.
A nice idea for serving round pineapple slices is to place candied cherries in the center of each one (in the hole left by the core just removed). More info here
On the occasion of a reception, a special evening, or other, a definitely effective idea to serve pineapple consists in inserting a fruit salad or fruit salad inside the peel (completely removed) and placed on a serving plate. just cubes of pineapple mixed with ice cream.